Friday, 15 July 2016

Challenges

I've not been a very good blogger over the last few months but my intention is to change - we shall see!
Although I haven't blogged I have been busy with all kinds of challenges. My first challenge takes place this Sunday at Worcester Racecourse when I shall be taking part in the Race for Life. I have never done anything like this before so it has really taken me out of my comfort zone. I have trained by walking and jogging and know that I can complete 10k, but I think there may be more walking than jogging! I am doing this to raise money for Cancer Research so if you would like to support this very important charity (and me!) I have a Just Giving page. Every little bit helps so thank you.
My next challenge is to complete all of my work for Art Textiles:Made in Britain as we will be exhibiting at Festival of Quilts at the NEC in August. Those of you who have read earlier blogs will know that I am a last minute person so you won't be surprised to learn that I am still busy stitching. Let's face it, it's nearly a month a way so there is no rush!
This is what I have worked on today. This is a detail of Pathways, one of my pieces for our exhibition, Concealed. It is a combination of shibori stitched indigo dyed fabric, circular chenille and lots of machine and hand stitch. I really enjoy the hand stitching although I always underestimate how long it takes!
I have several ongoing challenges. One of which is challenging my accuracy by making Dear Jane blocks.
For the uninitiated, the blocks each measure four and a half inches square and some of them have 40 plus pieces in them - definitely a challenge. I have no time limit for these and aim to make one a week. As there are 169 blocks in the quilt without the border I don't think it will be completed for a while.
When I'm out and about I always have my hexagon challenge tucked away in my bag.

These will eventually form a border around a Kaleidoscope quilt which I started over a year ago. Again, this is being made just for the fun of it with no deadline.
So you can see I have been busy. If only I could find a way to jog and stitch at the same time..........

Thanks for visiting and I will try to write again soon.

Edwina x

6 comments:

  1. نحن تنظيف شقق بالمدينه المنوره تعمل فى مجال تنظيف الفلل ولدينا عمال متخصصون فى تنظيف شقق للفلل حيث نمتاز عن اى شركة اخرى فى مجال تنظيف شقق بالمدينة فاننا نعمل على جميع خدمات التنظيف منذ سنوات ولدينا الخبرة الكبيرة فى تنظيف الشقق. مرحبا بكم فى شركتكم تنظيف شقق المدينة المنورة اكبر شركة متخصصة فى شركة غسيل شقق حيث تقوم بكافة اعمال تنظيف منازل باستخدام احدث الآلات و المعدات و افضل مواد التنظيف المستوردة و الاصلية كما تعتمد تنظيف شقق على اكبر فريق عمل متخصص بتنظيف منازل و ذو خبرة و مهارة لانجاز كافة الاعمال بكل دقة واتقان و فى اقل وقت .

    شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة


    تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة

    شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة سعودية متخصصة فى تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة بالاضافة الي خدمات تنظيف اخرى كثيرة ,فلديها عمال متميزين ومتخصصين فى غسيل شقق بالمدينة المنورة بجميع محتوياتها الداخلية من انتريهات وكنب ومجالس ولدينا القدرة علي جعله نظيفا تماما خالي من البقع وازالة بقع الاكل والدهون من عليه وخاصة مع وجود الاطفال يكون الكنب شديد الاتساخ ولكن بعد الان سيصبح الكنب نظيفا بواسطة افضل المنظفات التي نستخدمها في شركة تنظيف شقق, حيث نقدم خدمات للعديد من المناطق المحيطة بالمدينة المنورة وضواحيها.

    غسيل شقق بالمدينة المنورة


    تنظيف شقق بالمدينه المنوره


    غسيل شقق بالمدينه المنوره


    ReplyDelete