Sunday, 16 November 2014

A new arrival

It's a been a busy and productive week with the best possible results. On Tuesday 11th November Reuben, my fourth grandchild was born, a brother for a very excited Isla!
As you can see at 24 hours old, he is a bonny baby weighing in at 8lb 7oz. I can't wait for my next cuddle!
Of course Reuben had to have a play mat and I really enjoyed doing some 'proper' patchwork to make this for him.
It was fun exploring different arrangements using equilateral triangles and I was pleased with the final decision to use the red fabrics at the top and the bottom of the piece and the binding.
As I was otherwise engaged on Tuesday Ineke took over the teaching of my weekly Textile Inspirations class which is held at Littleheath Barn. During the previous session Ineke had been working on a scroll and as everyone was keen to use their machine embroidery samples produced this term this seemed like a brilliant idea to incorporate them.
base fabric

top fabrics

I have sorted through some of my fabrics and samples, added a few screen printed sections and am now ready to compose and stitch.

base fabric
a possible layout
I added to my collection of Namolio linen threads this week - let's call it an early Christmas present!
I think some of these will work beautifully once I start stitching my scroll.
I'll keep you posted and thanks for visiting my blog.

Edwina x


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Edwina - he's gorgeous!
    I love his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Love the piece you are working on.

    ReplyDelete