Sunday, 12 October 2014

Procrastination

I know that some people clean the windows or tackle a pile of ironing when they are working through their ideas for new work - I attack piles of fabric, books, papers etc lying on the floor of my workroom!

This leads to a major sort out because I then decide to remove the Horn cabinet that I have used for more than twenty years and invest in a Sewezi table to make better use of the space in my workroom.

I have also ordered an extension table which I will be able to set up either next to the machine table or somewhere else in the room depending on what I am doing.
It was quite frightening to see quite how much white fabric I have in my workroom. In fact enough to fill a blanket box! I have to admit I had to stand on the fabric to squash it down far enough for the lid to close! What I haven't admitted to are the bolts of white fabric which are hidden away in the cloakroom. I think it must be time to start on some new work and have a dyeing session.
All of my local courses have now started and the students are producing some exciting work as usual. One of the exercises was to 'draw' with scissors and collage the resulting papers. Most people worked on a large scale as you can see.
Liz's clock mechanics.
Jan  and Jenny working on their collages.
Love Ruth's spirals.
Trish was inspired by a recent trip to Paris.
Jill's take on a circuit board.
I'm looking forward to seeing how these collages develop over the next few weeks.

Thanks for visiting.

Edwina

2 comments:

  1. I love my Sewezi table, the best purchase I ever made. Some great collage material appearing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi. I love the start of a new term!

    ReplyDelete