Saturday, 26 July 2014

Preparation

This is a most appropriate word for this week with lots of preparation for my 5 day workshop at Oxford Summer School where I am teaching Patchwork Pictures. I can't wait to see what inspiration each student brings along to work on during the week. My car is packed with lots of fabric - hand dyed and black and white, thread for both hand and machine, Markal sticks and stencils and a head full of ideas to share. Should be a good week.
As soon as I have unpacked from the Summer School I will be putting the finishing touches to quilts for the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. This year I have a quilt selected for the European Art Quilt VIII exhibition and also several pieces in Art Textiles: Made in Britain plus a display of quilts on the Mettler Thread stand where I will be teaching and demonstrating all four days of the quilt show.
My Quick and Easy workshop this year is Tantalising Tulips. The panels are all screen printed and the student packs are ready.
I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new students and introducing them to the joy of simple free motion machine quilting using a selection of Mettler threads.
I will also be demonstrating my Cut and Come Again easy piecing patchwork technique so do come along to the Mettler stand and see what I'm up to!
I made an indigo vat earlier in the week and a friend and I had a great day out in the garden folding, clamping and pole wrapping pieces of fabric. This is one of my favourites.


It would appear that I can never have too much indigo dyed fabric!

Look forward to seeing many of you at Festival, thanks for reading.

Edwina

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how quickly it has come around again. Gorgeous indigo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi, look forward to seeing you at Festival.

      Delete