Monday, 5 May 2014

Countdown to the Loch Lomond Quilt Show

A little hand quilting and a sleeve to be attached and all of my quilts will be finished ready to take to Scotland at the end of the week ready for the opening of the Loch Lomond Quilt Show on the 14th May.
This afternoon I quilted the wisteria blooms and I now want to add a little detail with some hand stitch.
As you can see I added a lot more fabrics to 'Changing Seasons', a good decision I think! Most of the fabrics are bonded in place but there are just a few that are double-sided and stitched down one side. I am pleased with the multi coloured binding that links with the colours of the 'flags'.
While I'm in Scotland I will be teaching two workshops, 'Colour Confidence' for Glasgow Gathering of Quilters on Monday 12th May and 'Can't Resist it!' at the Loch Lomond Studio on Friday 16th May. I think there are still a few places on the resist workshop so do sign up if you in the area and want a day experimenting with all kinds of resists on fabrics. It will be a lovely messy day using soy wax, flour, dye etc. Look forward to seeing you!
As well as preparing for this show I have been busy working on my quilts for Identity, the Art Textiles: Made in Britain exhibition to be displayed at Festival of Quilts in August.
The quilting is finished on 'House Numbers' and this one will probably be faced but I will make that decision once it is straightened and blocked. This is all raw edge appliqué with the fabrics overlapping one another.
There were an awful lot of ends to sew in!
We did find time for a short excursion to Shrawley Woods to see the bluebells yesterday. They were magnificent as usual. Such a fabulous colour but such a short season. I love them!
Hope you have had an enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend. Thanks for reading.

Talk soon
Edwina



2 comments: