Sunday, 16 February 2014

Catkins and pussy willows progress

It's been a busy week with progress made on several pieces of work for summer deadlines. Having spent quite a while considering different possibilities for my printed and drawn catkins and pussy willows I eventually decided on this layout.

I discharged one or two pussy willow branches using my Thermofax screen and then roughly cut them out. At present they are pinned to the pieced background and the intention is to apply them, raw edged, by hand.

I have machine quilted some of the background but would like to quilt most of the detail by hand. We shall see!
I have also produced another large breakdown printed cloth using my house numbers.

This section of the cloth is regularly printed with repeat images using two different screens.

Then I randomly printed the remaining cloth using the same screens. I have completed one quilt using a similar printed cloth that I have blogged about previously but this is under wraps at present. It's now back to the drawing board as I need to develop this new cloth in a slightly different way but still using these numbers which refer to the house numbers of the houses I have lived in.
It has been a beautiful day here in Worcestershire so we had to take advantage of the sunshine. We visited our local National Trust house, Hanbury Hall and of course, took lots of photographs. There are many very old trees in the parkland and many of them have been felled which provided wonderful photographic opportunities.

I think these look like landscapes!

What a wonderful horizon!

A quarry maybe?
I hope you have managed to enjoy some late winter sunshine today.
Thank you for reading, speak soon.
Edwina

3 comments:

  1. Love that lime green and grey together. The Hanbury Hall photos are great and they do look like landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggi. See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first "landscape" reminds me of the prairie in winter, before the snow comes. Which in turn brings to mind old wooden snow fences ... lovely things!

    ReplyDelete