Friday, 5 July 2013

Hundreds of miles...

Well that is what it feels like this week! After a trip to Llanidloes to deliver the quilts for the Summer Exhibition at Minerva, two days teaching at The Bramble Patch and a day stewarding at Weavers Gallery in Ledbury I feel ready to put my feet up but I'm off on an adventure at the weekend so watch this space to see where I'm going!

I always intend to blog frequently but I run out of time so this is a bit of a catch up blog to show what I have been up to over the last few weeks.

Back in mid June we had a family wedding. Chris's daughter Elspeth married Doug. We all had a great day and the sun managed to shine at the appropriate time.


The following weekend was my students exhibition and here are a few images to show some of the exciting work that was exhibited. We had lots of visitors who obviously enjoyed the show, if their comments were anything to go by! I am very lucky to have such enthusiastic students who always come up trumps.








This week The Beauty of Books exhibition opened at the Weavers Gallery in Ledbury to coincide with the annual Poetry Festival. A diverse collection of work is on show until 14th July which includes wallhangings, books, cushions, framed textiles, bags and scarves.




This is my black and white book inspired by the 'Create' list of inspirational words. It went through several changes of direction before it was eventually assembled as four double-sided zig-zag pages.

I even managed to have a day out with the family at the Cotswold Wild Life Park...



...a fun time was had by all.

Thanks for reading and speak to you soon.

Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment