Thursday, 3 January 2013

New for 2013

As it is the beginning of a new year I thought I would add a couple of new workshops to my list. I have taught these workshops a few times over the last year and I have had an excellent response to them.

Colour Confidence is as it suggests - providing a few simple rules to give students confidence to put together an exciting colour scheme. I am amazed at the number of students in workshops who say they are not confident with colour when the joy of patchwork is working with colour. Hopefully this workshop will change that!
I am offering this workshop at Littleheath Barn, Bromsgrove B60 1HU on Thursday 7th February. If you would like to join this class or would like further details then please email me.

The second new workshop is Pojagi Piecing.Those who follow the sixandfriends blog will know that I made a piece of work for our latest Orientation exhibition using this traditional Korean technique. I taught a workshop at Forge Mill Needle Museum during the exhibition and here are some of the pieces in progress.

I provide threads and hand dyed cotton organdie for everyone to use in this single layered technique.

There are several methods of stitching the seams which create the main structure of the design.
This is a hand stitching workshop so for once, the sewing machine can be left at home. All you need is a simple sewing kit!
If you would like to have a go then I will be teaching a workshop on Tuesday 19th February at Littleheath Barn, Bromsgrove, B60 1HU. Please email me for further details.

Starting on Wednesday 23rd January at The Bramble Patch, Weedon Northamptonshire, I will be teaching a day a month course over 6 months, Inspired by Art. If you would like to experience new and different ways of developing your own designs, inspired by your favourite artists, why not have a go?
During the six sessions there will be opportunities for dyeing and printing fabrics appropriate to your designs for use in at least one completed piece of work.
For more information either email me or contact The Bramble Patch.

One of my new year challenges was to knit and make clothes and I'm pleased to say I have knitted a scarf and cut out a skirt ready to stitch.
The scarf is made from Rowan Kidsilk Creation, an impulse buy whilst Christmas shopping (it was half price!) and I knitted it on New Year's day while relaxing and catching up with recorded TV programmes. With only 2 stitches per row it grew very quickly!
I will keep you updated on the progress of the skirt - it's been a few years since I made clothes!
Speak to you soon
Edwina

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! - another domestic goddess ...
    That scarf looks gorgeous though - I really should learn to knit. Good luck with the skirt ... the images on the patterns and my body never seem to find any common ground! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete