Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Mark making in Italy

It was a bit of a shock returning home to autumn after five days in Italy where the temperature was in the 30's.  Of course I wasn't sitting in the sun, I was having a wonderful time taking a workshop with Dorothy Caldwell at the Masseria Della Zingara in Puglia.
Even though it was so hot outside it was beautifully cool in the studio where we spent our days ( and evenings) working on our 'Human Marks'.
As well as using all manner of things to make our marks we also collected....
 
waxed fabrics and papers......
and made several books from our fabrics and papers.
Of course we managed to find time to visit the local town of Alberobello which is famous for it's Trulli.  Traditionally this is a dry stone hut with a conical roof used for storage.
Definitely a photo opportunity!
We all had a great time with Dorothy who was a very generous teacher and I certainly came away refreshed and inspired.
Speak to you again soon.
Edwina

2 comments:

  1. Edwina thanks for posting this, I was wondering how you'd got on. It looks brilliant, the place and the work. I'm tempted to go next year if they are still doing the courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - looks heavenly and I wish I'd been there. You are probably infinitely relieved I wasn't however!! Glad it was good - like Steph, I am hoping they do them again next year xx

    ReplyDelete