Thursday, 7 June 2012

Rain and more rain!

It has rained heavily here all day and a planned day out walking with a friend was cancelled and we had to spend several hours in a pub eating a very tasty lunch! I can assure you that we were not the only people with the same idea. When I arrived home I sat in the car for quite a while waiting for the next deluge to pass and then a few minutes later the rain stopped and I ventured into the garden to take some photographs. My garden looks its best at this time of the year when the peonies and iris are in bloom. Unfortunately the peonies will be short lived unless I 'empty' them of rainwater every few hours.
 The iris are a foot taller this year after all the rain!
I love the way the rain water sits on the soft leaves of the Lady's Mantle.
At least the wet weather allows for more stitching time. I have started to add some hand quilting and couched scrim to my weather inspired quilt although I'm not quite sure what these isobars would suggest.
Another Cut and Come Again quilt is underway this time using some of my indigo dyed fabrics. I am aiming for a seascape with the occasional block pieced with a curved seam to suggest movement. Here are a few of the blocks underway, but not in any particular order!
If you would like to take part in an indigo dyeing workshop then maybe you would be interested in joining the workshop I will be teaching at The Bramble Patch on 18 July.
Well it's still raining and we have strong winds forecast over night - another typical English summer is well underway!
Speak to you soon
Edwina









No comments:

Post a Comment