Tuesday, 22 May 2012

May journal quilt finished

It is a beautiful morning here and I took advantage by eating breakfast in the garden. I'm not sure porridge is a summery breakfast but it certainly tasted good in the sun.
I completed the quilting on my latest journal quilt last night.
The quilt was inspired by drawings of a sliced lemon from which I made printing blocks.
The block on the left is made from sticky backed Fab Foam and on the reverse is the negative version of this design. The background fabric is one that I had printed with two different Thermofax screens with the knowledge that I would require yellow fabrics for four of this year's journal quilts.
I have also been busy quilting my entry for Festival of Quilts this year. It is based on weather maps. I have completed the background quilting and will now add some textural 'isobars' to the surface.
Actually the quilting lines are vertical not horizontal but I'm sure you get the idea!
And, as promised, a photo of Isla Grace, my gorgeous grand daughter.
I hope the sun is shining where ever you are today. Have a good one!
Edwina

3 comments: