Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Blogging again!

I may not have posted over the last few weeks but I have been working on many projects so here are a few images of some work in progress and one or two completed pieces.
Back in November I went on a felting workshop at Toft Alpacas and I am thrilled to have been asked to teach a patchwork and quilting workshop there in September. I have designed and made a cushion for the class and here it is in two colour ways.

The workshop is designed as an introduction to patchwork and quilting and each student will receive a pre cut kit so that we can concentrate on the piecing and quilting. It should be a good day so if you know of anyone who would like to learn some new skills please pass on the link.
I have made very slow progress with my sushi fabrics although one has had another application of dye since last I wrote. It is still rolled in polythene in the utility room waiting to be rinsed but this is what it looked like straight after the dye was applied.


I am also way behind with this year's journal quilts but I did find time this weekend to complete one for January. This year's theme is colour with the first four months mainly using red. I find it easier to have some kind of theme to guide me through the months but struggled to make a decision until I looked at The Sketchbook Challenge blog which has a monthly topic to explore. This is quite exciting as it is not until the first day of each month that the theme is announced so there is no chance to get ahead (not that that was ever going to be a problem!)
The theme for January was 'doodling' so this is one of my many doodles and the resulting quilt. It was fun deciding how to convert the doodle into stitch and I enjoyed embellishing it.

Next on the list is a play mat/quilt for my third grandchild who is due next month. I have a lovely collection of Hungry Caterpillar fabrics waiting to be pieced together so hopefully I will have something else to share with you by the end of the week!
I hope you have had an enjoyable Easter break, at least the wet weather here in the Midlands has meant more stitching time!
Edwina

2 comments: