Thursday, 1 March 2012

Threads and samples

It's certainly been busy here the last few weeks packing kits and making samples for my trip to Jersey next week. An extra added excitement was the arrival of a wonderful selection of Mettler threads for me to promote through my work. As one of the new Mettler thread endorsees I will be using these threads in my latest quilts and future workshops. They stitch like a dream and what fabulous colours! This is just a small selection to inspire.
Here are samples for some of the workshops I will be teaching at the Jersey Textile Showcase
This is a detail from a sample for Take One Flower. This is a fun way to develop free machine quilting skills.
Between the Lines is a new workshop using quilted words, a great way to learn free motion quilting. Apologies for the poor photo.
I used some of my left over lichen fabrics to make this cushion sized sample for a half day Cut and Come Again workshop and for those who enjoy hand stitching, a relaxing soft appliqué Kantha style project. A work in progress sample!
There are lots more workshops on offer over the course of the week so if you are planning to visit please come and say hello.
Edwina

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, yummy threads! Love the Kantha style piece too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces Edwina, have a good time in Jersey. Don't forget that indigo workshop.....

    ReplyDelete