Wednesday, 18 January 2012

A little dyeing

I have just spent a pleasant hour dyeing some fabric for the first time this year. Here is an image of the fabric lightly scrunched into a large container as I don't want too many textural marks on it.
This will be cut up and used for kits for one of the workshops I am teaching at the Jersey Textile Showcase 2012 which is taking place in St Aubin, Jersey from 5 - 11 March.
I will be teaching five different workshops: one full day machine quilting project and four half day sessions which cover both hand and machine quilting, piecing, appliqué and block printing. It should be fun.
There is a full programme planned with several workshops each day, exhibitions, competitions plus evening events such as a gala dinner and a fashion show.
I haven't visited Jersey before so I'm looking forward to exploring the island in-between my teaching sessions.
Now I wonder how that fabric is looking - I will post images soon.
Thanks for reading.
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment