Monday, 12 December 2011

Making progress

It may be slow progress but at least it's progress! I have actually completed October's journal quilt which if you remember is constructed from two cut up shirts.
I simply buttoned two sections together and quilted each in a different direction. I decided to use a lot of button related phrases to quilt the backgrounds so button up, press the button, media button, button box, chocolate button, on the button were just a few that I used to create a nicely textured background.
So I'm only a month and a half behind! Now I'm deconstructing shirt collars for November's quilt. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to use them yet but I expect I will have another of those 3 o'clock in the morning moments when an idea will come to me and hopefully won't be forgotten in the morning.
The mystery knitting project is complete but as I've only finished it tonight I don't have an image to show you but this was how it looked before completion.
All will be revealed soon!
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment