Friday, 28 October 2011

Party, party, party!


Well it was my 60th birthday last week so it has been a good excuse to make the celebrations last ten days! I think life is gradually returning to normal so hopefully I will get back to working on journal quilts and planning for an exciting exhibition of new work for next September. I have some ideas brewing but nothing definite yet - some of my indigo fabric collection may be involved though.
This week has been all about food. Yesterday I was looking after my grandsons and as it rained all day  we stayed home and made some spider biscuits with Halloween in mind.
Earlier in the week a group of us visited 78 Derngate in Northampton.
We had an extremely good guide who brought the house to life with her informative description of how the Bassett-Lowke family would have lived at the beginning of the last century in this extraordinary building.
The black and white house is the back of 78 Derngate and Charles Rennie Mackintosh's distinctive style of design can be seen in the balcony and windows. Unfortunately photography was not allowed inside the house where bold designs and colour schemes prevailed. I couldn't resist a photograph of one of the leaves that were scattered over a wall in the shop foyer.
The leaf was proud of the wall with the reflection of it behind.
And just in case you had forgotten I was celebrating a birthday, here is another birthday cake !
Have a great weekend
Edwina

3 comments:

  1. Happy 60th!

    Love those spider biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy Birthday, Edwina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Edwina, in a belated sort of way. I can't quite believe you're 60 though, are you sure?
    S

    ReplyDelete