Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Catching up

I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I blogged but I have had a lot of teaching commitments over the last couple of weeks. Just to prove that I have been out and about, here are a few photos of me in action!
Here I am at Llanidloes talking about my Memories Quilt which was inspired by photographs I took on my first trip to Vancouver and Seattle.
I always encourage everyone to come and take a closer look at my quilts and ask questions after the talk.
This next photograph was taken at a Pleat, Tuck and Fray workshop in Abingdon, a town I know well as I lived there for quite a number of years.
Here are some of the results of the workshop.
There was lots of slashing and blooming and experimenting with different fabrics and colour combinations.
Abbey Quilters had made this gorgeous quilt to raffle at an exhibition on 21 and 22 April 2012. 
If you would like an opportunity to win this quilt you can buy tickets for the raffle from Judy Harris at harris.judy54@gmail.com
Yesterday my Textile Inspirations group were having fun drawing outside using all kinds of implements including brushes and sponges attached to sticks.  
It will be interesting to see what happens to these drawings next - I will keep you posted!
This was my attempt, inspired by a special vase. I made the marks using a sponge cloth wrapped and tied around the end of a stick. Great fun!
Speak to you soon - I promise!
Edwina

2 comments: