Sunday, 7 August 2011

Sunflowers
What a lovely surprise to find a field full of sunflowers in the Worcestershire countryside. One enterprising lady had planted hundreds of these back in March and this weekend invited passers by to 'pick your own'. Of course this was also a great photo opportunity.
They were all shapes and sizes.
The sunflower centres are a mass of different textures that are continually changing as they grow.
The seed heads are a wonderful example of Fibonacci's principal.

The bees were also enjoying them.
Naturally I returned with a bunch of sunflowers to brighten up my living room on this rather dull summer Sunday.
There doesn't seem to have been much stitching going on here this week. I think it is a reaction to completing my entry for Festival of Quilts! Although I did manage a little hand quilting and a few beads on a small piece to be displayed on Linda and Laura Kemshall's stand (E38) at Festival. Do come along and say hello.


Laura set DMTV viewers a challenge last week to make a name badge to wear at the show so maybe that should be my challenge for this evening. I will let you know how I get on and you will be able to examine it in detail later in the week.
All for now
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment