Monday, 20 June 2011

One down, one to go!
Tonight I have finished Moonlight, my quilt for the Weavers Gallery exhibition in Ledbury that opens next week.
I decided that it should be hung as two separate quilts with about half an inch between them. 
The poem which inspired the quilt, Iris by Night by Robert Frost, talks about two friends walking over the Malvern Hills by moonlight. To capture the many magical colours they see I have used a rainbow of coloured threads to quilt the background but I wanted them to be visible only on close inspection! The exhibition opens on 28 June and is on until 10 July. I will be stewarding on Friday 1 July so would love to see you if you can make it.
Today my friend Sue and I have been cutting fabric to make fabric packs for a two day Sand, Sea and Stitch workshop I will be teaching this weekend in Hertfordshire.
Students will be dyeing with indigo and potassium permanganate so a variety of fibres is essential for a good range of colour values. In these packs there are different silk mixtures, cottons and linen so there should be some great results. I will try to remember to take some photographs to share with you next week.
Now that I have completed one quilt I need to concentrate on my entry for Festival of Quilts in August. I can only give you a taster here as this is a competitive show.


Having just finished a black and 'white' quilt it is good to get back to some colour again. So I now have another deadline looming - no change there then!
Speak to you soon
Edwina

2 comments: