Wednesday, 8 June 2011

and it's Wednesday already!
I can't believe how quickly this week is going. It's my students' exhibition this Friday and Saturday in Bromsgrove so I am busy collecting work from them, organising the notices and labels, collecting quilt frames, making cake for our visitors…. 
This is how my guest bed looks at present! As you can see it's going to be a colourful exhibition. If you are in the area please come and see what we have created over the last year.
This evening I am giving a talk to the Staffordshire Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild so my car is packed with bags full of quilts to illustrate my talk.
I've also been busy this week working on a new patchwork design for a workshop next month. When my regular courses finish this month my students like to have a one off workshop in the summer. I saw this block in a book I was looking at recently so I have made a  few adaptations and I am in the process of putting together a small piece to advertise the workshop at the exhibition. I have called it Liquorice Allsorts as the fabrics, all from my stash, reminded me of those yummy sweets. As you can see it is still work in progress but I have another day to complete the piecing so no problem!!!
I apologise for the quality of the image but there again, the black and white fabrics do have a strange effect on the eyes.
Must dash, speak to you soon.
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment