Friday, 24 June 2011

All packed up!
I wonder, does everyone pack their car with a spin drier when going away for the weekend?
I'm teaching Sand, Sea and Stitch, an indigo and potassium permanganate dyeing workshop in Elstree this weekend so my car is full of equipment ready for an early start in the morning. I would have written this earlier but Andy Murray was playing an exciting match at Wimbledon this evening and I couldn't drag myself away from it until I knew the result. Thank goodness he won again.
As I was stitching the last border on to my Liquorice Allsorts quilt earlier in the week I managed to stitch my finger at the same time! Ouch! Thankfully it isn't too bad and is healing slowly but quilting has not been an option.
Anyway here is a photo of the finished pieced top which I will be teaching as a day workshop in Bromsgrove on 27 July. There are a few spaces left if you would like to join the class, email me at edwina.mackinnon@btinternet.com for more details.
The sun is supposed to be shining this weekend so I hope the forecast is right because it is raining heavily here at present. Indigo dyeing in the rain isn't much fun!
Enjoy your weekend
Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment