Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Watch the video!

I have just watched the latest video on DMTV (see www.lindakemshall.com for more details) where I am describing my Cut and Come Again quilt technique. It is very funny watching yourself on the computer and I am amazed at Laura's skill in piecing together all of the sections of film that are taken during the making of the video and cutting out all of the takes when I spoke gibberish - thank you Laura for making it look so good!

I am very pleased to say that I have completed the machine quilting of my first Lichen quilt.


I am very happy with the effect that I have achieved with the quilting so far. I like the contrast between the straight line quilting and the free motion quilting of the appliqued section.



To complete the quilting I intend to hand stitch some of the central section with thicker hand dyed threads to add some extra texture.

In the meantime I have lots more 'lichen' fabrics in my stash and ideas for another quilt so watch this space!



1 comment:

  1. Hello,I came over from DMTV. I really enjoyed your Cut and Come Again item. The only problem being that it made me want to start yet another project. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete