Wednesday, 18 May 2011

The next step


As you can see I have worked on my collage for my lichen inspired journal quilt. I'm happy with my composition although the colours are a little 'wilder' than my fabrics!


paper collage 
I then began to audition fabrics and after a few trials I have decided on these for my background.






They are only folded and placed, apart from the lower strip which I have strip pieced together. I am really pleased with this colour combination although it might change when I begin to add the circular pieces to it. It is going to be fun deciding which fabrics to use for these.


We went for a walk by the river this evening and the meadows are full of wild flowers and plants like this hogweed. I love the shape of these seed heads and I'm thinking that with a little work this would make a great Thermofax screen!






Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment