Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Since last I wrote I have completed my March journal quilt.



The 10 inch square was ideal to try out a quilting idea for my Summer Cut and Come Again quilt which is waiting to be quilted. The combination of machine and hand quilting has given me the effect I wanted, especially the tight circular quilting in the centre where I used a variegated thread.


 I like the idea of these bold sunflowers quilted in the plain strips and simpler versions in the pieced areas. I'm hoping to make a start on this next week when most of this term's teaching will be completed.

I have been busy quilting the background of my lichen quilt and have made a lot more blocks for my Spring Cut and come Again quilt which I will photograph for next time.


1 comment:

  1. Edwina,
    Everything looks lovely. You have been very busy lately, the pictures from your class in Scotland looked like so much fun, wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete