Monday, 25 April 2011

I hope everyone has had a lovely Easter. The weather here in the Midlands has been wonderful and although we have spent many hours in the garage, sorting out years of accumulated 'stuff', we have also found time to enjoy the garden. It is very satisfying going through endless boxes that have been stored for twenty plus years, discovering treasures that were thought to be lost and using the local free-cycle website to move items no longer needed to new homes.
One of the main aims of working in the garage was to organise all of my dyeing equipment which seems to grow every time I teach a workshop. I now know exactly what equipment I have and once I have new shelves in place it should all be easily accessible. Hopefully there will be space for me to have a print table which is very exciting

I have quilted the background for my April journal quilt, Iris by Moonlight.


The lower section was Thermofax screen printed with discharge paste. The black background I quilted using satin stitch bars. This is a favourite technique for tying the quilt layers together by machine. I now need to applique the irises to complete the quilt.

I have also completed the background quilting on my lichen quilt (still to have a name!) and have anchored all of the appliqued sections.


Now it's the fun part! Embellishing the lichen sections and surrounding area with dense quilting.

Another exciting development is that Chris has been busy setting up an Etsy shop on line to sell our cards and quilted textiles.
If you would like to check it out go to http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=edwinamac

No comments:

Post a Comment