Thursday, 28 April 2011

I have just returned from visiting my good friends Linda and Laura Kemshall where I have spent an enjoyable day recording a video for DMTV this morning and experimenting with a new discharge product, deColourant, this afternoon.
Linda invited me to take along my Cut and Come Again quilts and describe the techniques I use to produce these one of a kind quilts from a fabric stash. So if you are a subscriber to DMTV look out for the video and let me know what you think. If DMTV is new to you then find out more on Linda's website www.lindakemshall.com


This afternoon was even more fun! As you know I like using discharge techniques on my fabrics and it is always good to experiment with something new. This new product works a treat on both hand dyed and commercial fabrics and when mixed with deColourant Plus it is possible to add colour back into the fabric at the same time as it is discharged.
black fabric discharged with deColourant Plus

the same discharge paste on hand dyed silk noil

I love the results which I achieved using the discharge paste with Thermofax screens and a print block. I already have ideas how I might use these fabrics in my next lichen quilt!

My alliums are in full bloom in the garden so I thought I would share them with you.



Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

4 comments: