Monday, 28 March 2011


Spring Cut and Come Again Quilt

I have been working on my third Cut and Come Again quilt as you can see here. I've only made a few blocks so far and using, what for me, is a pastel colour scheme.


I decided to hand applique circles to some of the blocks as I felt they added extra interest. I love the spotty fabric!

There were some exciting quilts taking shape in my monthly Exploring Patchwork class at The Bramble Patch last Saturday. The students are all working on different projects: some are making traditional quilts, others are developing their skills using commercial patterns and favourite books and some are working from their own designs.

Sue is working on her own design inspired by an exhibition of shoes


Liz has used the design in the patterned fabric to inspire the applliqued shapes on this simply pieced quilt top

Denise experimented with squares of fabric to produce the background for  'Scilly Sun"

Doreen is assembling a complex applique design

It is exciting working with so many different people in my workshops and it is very rewarding watching them grow in confidence.

2 comments: