Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Home again!

My trip to Scotland was most enjoyable even though it snowed on several days. I met some lovely people who made me very welcome and hope fully those who attended the workshops will be either working on their Cut and Come Again quilts that they started in the workshops I taught in Perth and Aberdeen or admiring their indigo and potassium permanganate dyed fabrics that they produced at the Loch Lomond
Quilts Studio in Dumbarton. As you can see from the images below they were very productive workshops.









These are just a few of the quilts starting to take shape.




Above are a few of the many pieces of indigo and potassium permanganate dyed fabrics. The combination of the two methods works particularly well.

During my time in Scotland I visited Loch Lomond just as the sun was beginning to set ........


......Glasgow School of Art, where we were taken on a most informative tour of this Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed building and a walk alongside the blustery North Sea coast in Aberdeen.


A big thank you to Debbie, Liz, Mairi, Marjory and Maureen who made sure that I arrived safely at the right venue at the allotted time!

Now that I have caught up with my emails maybe there will be time for me to work on some of my own quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment