Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Catching up!

It has been a very busy week!

I was in Canterbury last weekend with Oast Quilters where I gave a talk about my work and taught a 'Cut and Come Again' workshop. It was a great weekend, they are a very friendly group and made me feel very welcome. They also appreciated these hand dyed threads and fabric that I had dyed the previous week.

fabric and threads sitting in the dye
some of the results!
I also dyed a piece of fabric for the back of my Summer Cut and Come Again quilt. It's rather bright but looks fabulous with the pieced top.

dyed backing fabric


On Monday it was the second meeting of the Midlands CQ Group in Bromsgrove. Once again twenty enthusiastic quilters turned up to share their ideas and enthusiasm. Hilary Beattie volunteered to demonstrate some of the many techniques she uses to produce exciting papers to use in collage, her favourite method for designing her quilts. It was an entertaining session  and as you can see everyone was inspired to create their own papers based on their theme.

Hilary with some of her papers

Jan and Marie creating their collages
and Carol working with her ideas


























Tomorrow evening I'm giving a talk to Emersons Green Quilters in Bristol and I then travel to Scotland where I will be teaching several workshops over the next week!

I will be back soon and hopefully have some of my own work to show  you.

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed discovering your blog and am very tempted to join you at some stage for a class. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments Clare. You would be most welcome to come to a class.

    ReplyDelete