Friday, 25 February 2011

Strippy Quilt

My summer Cut and Come Again quilt has turned into a strippy quilt!

finished top

 I wanted to show how versatile this technique can be by assembling the blocks in different ways. When I first had the idea of making this a strippy quilt I thought that a bright pink fabric would work well as the two plainer strips but it deadened the blocks. I wanted to keep a bright summery feel to the quilt so I tried this acidic green which I really love.
I have an idea for quilting these plain strips based on the few sunflower blocks scattered through the quilt. I aim to use a combination of both machine and hand quilting so I think my next task is to sample my idea and see if it works.

Thank you for all for the positive comments about my blog. I'm really enjoying sharing my work in progress with you.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments: