Thursday, 20 January 2011

Morning Stitches


When I made the decision to start a blog I knew that I would need to organise my time in a much better way. On the days when I am teaching it is difficult to find time for my own work as when I arrive home I need to answer emails sent by my online students and after supper I try to relax by catching up with a few favourite TV programmes accompanied by some knitting or hand quilting, which stops me from falling asleep! Some evenings I am more energetic and play badminton or go to ballroom and Latin American dance classes!
So on the occasions when I have no teaching commitments I decided I would start the day with an hour of either stitching or designing. I am amazed how liberating this has been as after I have spent time doing the things I want to do I am happy to sit at my computer and work for as long as is necessary to complete my emails. It is incredible how much I can achieve first thing in the morning.







As you can see, I began to machine quilt my Sand, Sea and Stitch sample today. I intend to add some hand quilting to highlight the moon and the sea when the machine quilting is completed. I'm teaching my Simple Batik workshop at The Bramble Patch tomorrow so I doubt if I will have time to work on this again until the weekend.


Edwina

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a full schedule. That makes creative time so precious. I like your hand dyes. Sometimes they are like "reading" the cloud and imagining what s there.

    ReplyDelete